Moscow Kremlin "Corner Arsenalnaya and Nikolskaya towers"

(Bumajnoe modelirovanie)

The Corner Arsenalnaya Tower is a tower of the Moscow Kremlin. The Nikolskaya Tower is a tower with a through-passage on the eastern wall of the Moscow Kremlin, which overlooks the Red Square not far from the State Historical Museum.

More details ↓

$5.43

Add to cart

BM-AT-0003

More info

  • Type: kremlin
  • Historical period: Late Middle Ages
  • Country: Russia
  • Scale: 1:250
  • Number of sheets: 15 sheets A4

Historical information

The Corner Arsenalnaya Tower is a tower of the Moscow Kremlin. The tower's current height is over 60 m. It was built in 1492 by an Italian architect Pietro Antonio Solari. The construction of this tower completed the Kremlin's line of defence from the side of the Red Square.

The Corner Arsenalnaya Tower received its current name after the construction of the Arsenal. The tower still has a secret well. In 1707, due to a threat of Swedish invasion, the gun slots of the Corner Arsenalnaya Tower were enlarged to fit heavy cannons. In 1812, the tower was damaged by an explosion, set up by the retreating French army. It was restored in 1816–1819 by architect Osip Bove.

The Nikolskaya Tower is a tower with a through-passage on the eastern wall of the Moscow Kremlin, which overlooks the Red Square not far from the State Historical Museum.

The Nikolskaya Tower was built in 1491 by an Italian architect Pietro Antonio Solari. It was named after Nikolaevsky (Nikolsky) Greek Monastery, which is no longer there.

In 1806, the tower was rebuilt in the neo-Gothic style by an architect Luigi Rusca. In 1812, the top of the tower was blown up by the retreating French army. It was restored in 1816 by an architect Osip Bove. The Nikolskaya Tower was once again severely damaged by the artillery fire in October 1917 and was later restored by an architect Nikolai Markovnikov.

In 1935, the Soviets installed a red star on top of the tower. Its current height with the star is 70.4 m. The original icon of Saint Nicholas of Mozhaysk, placed above the entrance on Red Square had been plastered over by Soviet authorities and was uncovered and restored in 2010 — similar to what took place on the Spasskaya Tower.

Comments

No customer comments for the moment.

To add your comment, please log in.

Customers who bought this product also bought...

Cart  

No products


Cart Check out

Manufacturers